SLAVE LABOUR OR WOT ?

Alljoinon Chat Rooms Forums Advice SLAVE LABOUR OR WOT ?

This topic contains 48 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  rugbyfan 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 49 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Yesterday i did a cleaning job ( 2 floors penthouse)

The job took me 3 and a half hours and i was paid 20 Euros = approx 15 GBP

LIST OF DUTIES

SITTING ROOM
    KITCHEN
    2 SHOWER ROOMS INCLUDING TILED WALLS
    3 BEDROOMS
    4 BALCONIES
    ALL FLOORS SWEEPED AND WASHED
    STORE ROOM
    4 WINDOWS
    3 DOUBLE SLIDING DOORS
    INSIDE BANISTERS
    COMMON PARTS

Do you think this is worth it?

I pride myself on my cleanliness and i know i did a good job,this was my first kinda job in years and now i feel deflated and annoyed that i let someone use me like this.

rob-g
    Participant

No definitely not, politely tell them to go to hell. and hand back to 20 euros telling them they obviously need it more than you do.

That is just over £4 per hour, almost half the minimum wage here.

Disgusted of Belper, Derbyshire.

Anonymous

wow rob i was going to do that, thought about it all day, and it wasnt 20euros it was only 18 cos i put 2euros in the meter. #good

lulu
    Participant

Tell em to shove it and wait for some thing that suits you better… If you can xx

Anonymous

Thanks Lulu , i was just filling in for my friend who gets paid more for the same job, but hoped it might lead onto other jobs , i dont mind cleaning , i was just looking for something to pass my time and yes the money does matter too, but i feel im worth more than that. xxx

ellie
    Participant

hi Catherine ….is this work in Cyprus?
    do you know if they have a minimum wage there? as here it is £6.50 atm
    ps in UK for cleaning its approx £10 an hour !!!! and about quarter of that work!!!!

NOOOOOO they treated you appallingly!!!! for all that work and only those hours NO WAY !!!!!!
    I do believe they were jsut trying to get all their SPRING CLEANING DONE FOR AS LITTLE AS THEY COULD.

YOU ask around with references and i am sure you will get very good paid work for cleaning..
    DONT UNDERESTIMATE YOURSELF!!!!……you can do it……and others will APPRECIATE YOU TOO … #good

anette
    Participant

its not in cyprus, ellie, shed get way more than that there (cyprus is rich).
    but its common wages for such a job in greece, my guess is malta isnt very much different. if you got that for 3,5 hours, cath, i would have worked there happily in my darker days. i worked in a hotel for 20 euro per day (10 hours) and that was heavy duty and on call only. if you complain they dont care, there are 20 more standing in line for your job if you dont want it. tough, but thats the truth.
    ellie, you cant compare it to the Uk, thats how things work in other parts of the world, i worked for 750 euro per month for 8 years, thats about 532 pound and i had to raise two kids and pay for everything from that, rent, electricity, water, bus fares, food and what have you.
    things work differently in those countries-
    i make about twice this much now in my job here in germany and im considered underpaid, needless to say im thankful for what i make now and am far better off. having next to nothing makes you appreciate when you do better eventually.
    cath, itll all come round for you, just keep at it and keep going onwards and upwards. #console #kiss #kiss

phillip
    Participant

Catherine , make Dex do his own cleaning if that is all he pays you ! #guns

Anonymous

Yes your right Anette, but its wrong to treat people like that , i should confront her but i wont, i just wont do it again, ive learned my lesson and yes i will move onwards and upwards.

rob-g
    Participant

Come and clean for me Catherine, I dont have any money, so I cant think how I wid pay you #hysterical

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 49 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.